Thursday, March 20, 2008

A light at the end of the tunnel!

My thesis has been submitted, three classes left, and I'll have completed the coursework for my masters. To use a very tired cliche, the weight of the world is off my shoulders! It's an incredible feeling! Another great feeling was deleting the software and research sites that I used for my thesis...ahhh, what a great feeling!!

Back to a regular routine for Bikram also. 110 degrees in class the other night, and it felt great. I feel like I've improved greatly in some of the postures, especially standing head to knee-even though I can't get my knee straight or my head to my knee-slowly but surely I'll get there.

I'm heading to Monterrey, California for a conference next week and am definitely going to get to a Bikram studio there-I'll have more time than I did in Seattle last week.

I'm flying down to LA for vacation after the conference and will definitely go to Bikram's headquarters in LA for a few classes-I'm hoping I'll be able to find a class that Bikram is teaching (if he even does that anymore-I'll find out when I'm there, I'm sure). I'm also going to see an old friend from Boston who just moved back to LA and hopefully will be teaching in a studio there-she's a Bikram instructor.

I'm visiting an old roommate/friend that is a doctor of accupuncture in LA. He said he'll try a class with me. Of course, after he introduces me to the wild nightlife in LA, the class could be torture!

I definitely need this vacation!

No comments: