Thursday, March 27, 2008

California

I'm out in California for a week and a half-life is good!

It's my first time in Monterrey and Carmel, and definitely not my last. It's an incredible area, so much natural beauty. I think I've taken over fifty photos already! It reminds me a bit of a tropical Newport, RI-incredible coastlines and quaint streets.

I practiced at Bikram Yoga Monterey yesterday, and met some great people. I had a great conversation with the owner, Emily and her husband Billy. Emily is originally from Marblehead, Ma and is a diabetic like myself, so we had a lot to talk about. Her husband gave me some great tips about Monterey.
The instructor for my class, Terry, was an amazing woman. I fed off her energy during the class. I needed that energy since I hadn't practiced in over a week (that whole "work" thing got in the way). She told me that she is going to Acapulco to help instruct at Bikram's next Teacher Training session. I'm not surprised, she's that good! A very motivating person with a great personality.

It's pretty amazing that at every studio I visit, people have such a positive attitude and friendly manner-I definitely attribute it to what they're doing with Bikram!

I'll be working the next few days at my conference, but will hopefully still be able to practice there. I had to blow it off tonight since we're having a group dinner in Monterey.

I'm heading to Los Angeles on Sunday, the start of my vacation. I'm going to go to Bikram's headquarters for classes-that should be interesting.
I'll be hanging with my buddy John, who's a doctor of accupuncture in LA. Knowing John, he'll have some fun things set up to do there. We're actually heading out Sunday night when I arrive, so I'll be experiencing the LA nightlife immediately!

No comments: