Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hello From Cornell

Here I am in the Ivy League-whooda thunk it?!

I'm here at Cornell for a two week Executive Leadership program. It's a pretty intense program-a lot of work! There's about 60 people in the program from all corners of the world, New Zealand, Australia, Panama, Columbia, Venezuela, Egypt, Croatia and of course the USA.

The presenters have been outstanding. Today, I was privileged to have lunch with one of the presenters, Ken Blanchard, author of the One Minute Manager and about 60 other books. He gave an awesome presentation on Leadership. I can't wait to bring some of his ideas back to my company.

I practiced at Bikram Yoga of Ithaca last night. Whew!! An amazing class-I think I lost ten pounds! The instructor, David Corson, had a dialogue that sounded as if Bikram was in the room, including the language and phraseology.
Since the class was relatively small, he gave a lot of personalized instruction (unfortunately much of it directed at me! :) ) He was very strict on exact postures. I made some great gains. For the first time I was able to completely straighten my leg in both Standing Head to Knee and Standing Separate Leg Head to Knee, thanks to David's guidance. Unfortunately my regular studio has too many students to provide the type of instruction I received in Ithaca. I have not been that worn out after a class since the first week I practiced. I thanked David after class for his instruction. He called himself an "old school"style instructor, with a smile on his face. I can't wait to get back there tomorrow.

Well, time to run, I've got finance homework to get done.

Joe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe - Sounds like a great course! This will sound weird, but I am almost Jealous! I miss school. I must be a sick puppy.
Bill

Bikram Yoga Bali said...

Did you go around building your own yoga studio? :) Do visit Jiwa Yoga and Dance if you ever visit Bali.

Honey said...

It seems like you enjoy the yoga classes so much. When I had joined yoga teacher training I enjoyed it same as. This blog has reminded me my memories of yoga classes.

Honey